EXPAND YOUR CAREER WITH A GROWING FIRM
Blais Civil Engineers is a growing and dynamic site/civil engineering consulting firm with a diverse mix of
commercial, industrial, institutional and residential clients located in Maine and across the country.
We have a full-time Civil Engineer opportunity offering diverse and challenging responsibilities, with the ability to
expand your skill set and professional experience. We are looking for a talented, motivated individual who will
enjoy working on multiple projects in varying capacities, both on job sites and in the office.
We are also seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant to join our
small dynamic team. We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic, exceptional organizational ability,
attention to detail, excellent communication skills, diligent follow-through and the ability to prioritize multiple
projects and tasks.
Blais Civil Engineers offers a comprehensive benefits package including health & dental, Simple IRA matching, paid
time off, holidays, bonus potential, and more. Starting salary commensurate with experience.
If you are interested in becoming part of the Blais Civil Engineers team, please submit a cover letter and your
resume for consideration. You may submit your information by email, mail or
drop off. We will contact those that fit our requirements.
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls please.
This position plays a key role in the daily activities of our office. The ideal candidate is
sensitive to confidential matters, uses good judgement, is highly motivated with superior interpersonal skills and
the confidence to make decisions with limited direction.
We have a terrific office environment that is professional and casual. Position is 30-40 hours per week. Schedule is
flexible for the right candidate.
- Conduct bookkeeping activities including, general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll input
- Coordinate bookkeeping with CPA.
- Responsible for professional licenses, contracts and insurance renewals.
- Provide daily office organization and management.
- Type letters, specifications and proposals.
- Maintain and organize company files.
- Maintain and update project schedules.
- Conduct research, local and state permit applications.
- Order and maintain office supplies and inventory.
- Conduct errands including delivering and picking up documents at various government agencies.
- Other responsibilities may apply.
- Deltek Ajera knowledge is a plus.
- Post-secondary education preferred.
- 3+ years administrative assistant experience with exceptional organizational ability.
- 2+ years of bookkeeping experience.
- Proficiency with MS Office including MS Excel and MS Word.
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat.
- A valid driver's license for errands.
- Processing payments
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Day shift
Job duties will include site design, permitting, and construction administration services. As we continue to grow,
the position offers ample opportunity for increased responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering
- Strong written, verbal, technical, and interpersonal skills
- Design experience with commercial, residential, and industrial site design.
- Competency in: Word, Excel, Outlook, Autocad Civil 3D, HydroCAD
- Experience with construction documentation including drawings and specifications.
- Experience with preparing drawings including: site layout & utilities plans, grading & drainage plans, erosion &
sedimentation control plan, pre and post-development drainage plans, roadway plan & profiles, water quality
worksheets, site cross-sections
- Experience with stormwater management design and understanding of local/state permitting including MDEP
Stormwater/SLODA/NRPA, and Municipal site plan/subdivision permitting
- Construction administration and inspection experience
- Must have a valid driver's license
Other Helpful Experience:
- Public presentation
- Budget tracking
- Proposal writing